I can’t believe we’re nearly done with January already. How are your New Years Resolutions going? It’s no surprise that the number 1 resolution on this list is losing weight. In fact, 3 out of the 10 involve being physically fit. If you’ve decided that this will be the year you go to the gym regularly, eat well, and cut down on TV, well let your kids learn by your example. If you haven’t been able to get to the gym as much as you wanted to, here are 5 easy ways you can stay in shape at home any day with the kids.
5. Go for a walk after dinner. It’s makes a great evening tradition and burns off the meal.
4. When you’re watching your favorite show on TV, make the commercials a game. Call it a “dance break.” Everyone has to dance around until the show comes back on.
3. See who can do a handstand against the wall for the longest. Chances are they will be able to, but it’s fun trying.
2. A game of catch or hide and seek will not only entertain them for hours and hours, it will keep you young. So put down that iPad and give them a chase around the house.
1. The leg grip is often overlooked. You know the one. Simply trying to hold on to mommy or daddy’s leg while walking is fun for any kid. What they don’t know is they’re working almost every muscle in their body just trying to hold on. And you’re working up a sweat dragging them around the house. Win-win.Leave a comment